November 3, 2010

Black, white & red Christmas?


Good evening friends!
I didn't have the time till later to show you what I have been working on...So busy...
Shows are starting very soon!

I was shopping @ Michaels today and these pencils caught my eye. 
They were in the $1 bin of course. 
That's the first place I look! The colors kinda threw me a little! 
Red, black and white for Christmas?
But I got them anyway.
When I got home, I remembered a paper pack I bought last year on clearance,
from Hobby Lobby! 
It was 70% off-what a deal!! I try to never buy things full price, especially crafty things.
Stick with me and you will find the good deals!
And now I have matching papers and a pencil...What to make, what to make?
I made scratch paper holders. (I made the post-it notes holders last year so I needed something a bit different.) These were very easy to do and quite cute if I do say so...
This shows the inside of the cover. I plan on putting in a personal note from me in here.
The scratch pad comes from Staples. The cardstock is Bazzill and the papers are from Hobby Lobby.
 This shows the outside of the holder. You can just barely see the score lines.

Here are the measurements that I used:
Refer to the photo for my placements


Cover:  6 3/4" x 5 1/2"    (I rounded the edges)
Score @ 3 1/8" and 3 1/2"   ( I use the Martha Stewart Thingie)
I glued my ribbons using glue dots. I placed one behind the pattern paper on the front 
and one behind the scratch pad on the back.
Pattern Paper for the front cover measures 3" x 5 1/4"

Decorate as you wish...
I made school ones and sport ones and kitchen ones, I can't stop!!
 If you have any questions about this project, just contact me!

Get out the warm blankets-Fall has arrived!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...