October 4, 2010

Fall tags


Edit: These are now in my ETSY store!

We have had a cold snap lately and all I can say is BBRRRRR! We have been scrambling to find gloves and winter hats. It is cold up there in the bleachers...
Anyhow-on to more crafty goodies! I am still on the Marvy punch kick and these tags were inspired by the cooler weather. Our leaves have actually turned colors in two days time...Just beautiful.
Don't you just LOVE these tags!! I do! The stamp set is from PTI and is my all-time favorite (so far...)
The set comes with 3 different wreath images plus berry clusters and tiny flowers. Imagine the possibilities!
I actually have a berry wreath hanging in my dining room.
Here is a close-up of the wreath:
I used brown ink for the twig wreath and black for the sentiment. Burnt orange ink made up the berries and I found it at the dollar bin @ Michaels! 
Here's a tip: To get the various shades of orange you see on the wreath, just stamp your image then rotate the stamp and stamp again, rotate and stamp again! Do not re-ink! The end result gives a dimensional feel to your stamped image.
To finish the tag I inked the edges with brown, like always, and tied a brown satin ribbon to the top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...